Our Mission Statement
Under the leadership of Dr. John Caruso, our head of school, the Bridges Academy stands on the pillars of character, confidence and knowledge. Bridges’ mission is to treat each student as an individual, helping them to fully realize their academic and spiritual potential.
Our student body is multicultural, richly diverse with students from many ethnic, religious and socio/economic backgrounds. A mirror image of the global environment our students will enter. Bridges is a place of exploration and discovery where students come together to deepen and value their shared experience.
Our goal is to offer a nurturing environment with an outstanding teaching staff, dedicated to preparing students for life in an interdependent world. Bridges’ comprehensive program lays the foundation for a lifetime of learning and achieving.The Bridges Academy is dedicated to educating and inspiring our students to reach their fullest potential both academically and spiritually and to become productive and positive contributors in their local communities and worldwide. The academy represents our evolution toward the modern, world class school worthy of the name Bridges.
Our curriculum has a strong focus on languages, reading, writing, mathematics, arts and music, all content-rich but without sacrificing creativity and imagination. Our curriculum is aimed at integrating all the activities of the school toward creating a student culture that brings together the intellectual, physical, social, emotional and spiritual development of our students in a holistic way.
- Bridges embraces the highest ideals in the character of a person, which include integrity, respect, and kindness, mindfulness and openness.
- We create an environment where all individuals are valued.
- The Academy instills love of learning through enriching and challenging academic programs, with a curriculum that focuses on academic excellence and far exceeds NY State standards.
- We offer innovative programs in foreign languages, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and the arts, with dynamic elective classes for grades K-8th.
- We offer travel programs to allow our students to experience people from different cultures.
- We set vision and strategy to ensure The Bridges Academy is amongst the top learning institutions with solid financial health, innovative learning and small class sizes.
- We diligently seek out donors, grants, gifts and volunteerism to support our programs.
- We invest in professional development of staff.
- We attract board members aligned with our vision, mission and values.
Confidence and Balance
- Bridges recognizes and values different intelligence including IQ, EQ (Emotional Intelligence) and SQ (Spiritual and Social Intelligence).
- We encourage all students to think independently, respect other ideas and to create a healthy balanced lifestyle.
- The Academy foster academic, artistic and athletic abilities to develop confident and balanced students.
- The Bridges Academy develops the skills that our students need to be leaders in a changing world.
- We provide a curriculum that allows for the fullest expression of individual creativity and create a culture where mistakes are expected, celebrated and learned from.
- We bring an innovative approach to learning.
The Bridges Academy is a top-ranked institution for learning because it brings together a vibrant community of great teachers, engaged parents and motivated students. Call or visit for a tour of the school and enrollment information.
Bridges Academy welcomes into the full academic, business and community life of our school persons of every race, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, economic status and faith tradition. We declare ourselves to be an open, welcoming and affirming school, welcoming into the full academic, business and community life of our school persons of every race, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, economic status, and faith tradition. Bridges Academy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in administration of its admissions or educational policies, scholarship and financial-aid programs, other School-administered programs, or in employment. The school complies with the amended Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.