|Bridges opened on September, 2013 as a fully-independent, federally recognized not-for-profit, offering Preschool through 8th grade, an “all-through” school with no need to change schools at various grade points.
Bridges provides an academically accelerated curriculum in a nurturing environment with a teaching staff dedicated to preparing students for life in an interdependent world. Pre-School years are the formative learning period in a child’s life, where children grow on many levels and Bridges prepares a child for a lifetime of learning with small class sizes and a curriculum shaped to individual needs. Our K-8 program is world class, tracking students individually through academically accelerated programs that include Mandarin and French language, Robotics, music, arts, theater, science, mathematics and advanced reading skills.
Come to our Open Houses in August
|The Bridges Academy will have an evening Open House from 7:00-8:00 PM on August 17th. Please call for an appointment at 631-358-5035. Tell your family and friends to visit us or call for more information about fall enrollment.|
We hope you have been enjoying your summer. Last week The Bridges Academy sent out a Constant Contact email with pertinent information about the summer and upcoming school year. These forms are also located on our website at under Forms.
The Bridges Academy summer hours are:
- Monday, August 8th – 8:30 AM-12:30 PM
- Tuesday-Thursday 8:30 AM-1:00PM
- Fridays Closed (West Islip School District is closed on Fridays during the summer.)
The school hours have remained the same:
- K-8th Grade Arrival – 8:00 AM / Dismissal – 2:45 PM
- Toddler Arrival – 9:15 AM / Dismissal – 11:15 AM
- Nursery & Pre-K (Half day) Arrival – 9:00 AM / Dismissal – 12:00 PM
- Pre-K Enrichment or Pre-K Full Day Arrival – 9:00 AM / Dismissal – 3:00 PM
BEFORE CARE/AFTER CARE
The After Care hours have been extended to 6:00 PM for the Pre-K – 8th grade students. If a child is picked up late after the pick-up time, please be aware there will be a $15 late fee per occurrence. The forms are due by Friday, August 12th.
- K-8th Before Care 7:30 – 8:00 AM
- Pre-K Before Care 8:00 – 9:00 AM
- Pre-K-8th Grade After Care 3:00 – 6:00 PM
BRIDGES BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT
There will be a Back to School Party from 3:00-6:00 PM on Saturday, August 27th at the Carrano home for all parents and children to get together before the school year begins. The address is 27 South Montgomery Avenue, Bay Shore, NY. Please click the link on the Constant Contact that was sent out August 1st to RSVP by August 20th.
- The K-8th grade orientation and supply drop-off date for students and parents is Wednesday, September 7th.
- 10:15-10:30 AM – Students and parents drop off classroom supplies
- 10:30-11:30 AM – Parents meet in the library and the students meet with their teacher
- The Early Childhood (ECC) date for just parents is Thursday, September 8th at 7:00 PM.
WELCOME BACK PICNIC
The Welcome Back Picnic sponsored by the Parents’ Association will be after the K-8th grade Orientation this year, before the first day classes begin on Wednesday, September 7th from 11:30 AM-1:30 PM. All of our students from Toddler-8th grade are invited. All students must be accompanied by their parent or an adult. The PA will provide a barbecue, ice cream and a DJ.