The Bridges Academy
339 Snedecor Ave
West Islip, NY, 11795
Business Administration Office:
Department of Admissions:
JOIN OUR TEAM
Thank you for your interest in joining our exemplary team of faculty and staff members at The Bridges Academy. Our school is a top independent school in New York, located conveniently on Long Island's South Shore town of West Islip. Our vision is to develop high achieving, critical and creative thinkers who are happy and well balanced with a lifelong love of learning as they advance from Early Learning to Eighth grade.
We seek employees who embrace our mission in propelling students to demonstrate our pillars of Character, Confidence and Knowledge throughout their lives. Degreed and/or certified prospects should also enjoy working in a collaborative, growth minded, family oriented community. For teachers, undergraduate degree or higher and demonstrable experience in a classroom setting are preferred.
POSITIONS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
Full Time Aide/ Permanent Substitute Teacher
The Bridges Academy in West Islip, New York seeks a full time Aide/ Permanent Substitute teacher to work with children in Early Childhood-8th grade for the 2021-2022 school year. A successful candidate should enjoy working in a collaborative, growth minded, family oriented community. Undergraduate degree in Education or related field with demonstrable experience in a classroom setting preferred.
Part Time Art Teacher
The Bridges Academy in West Islip, New York seeks a part time Art teacher to work with children in grades 3-8 for the 2021-2022 school year. A successful candidate will be well-versed in curriculum development and Art instruction in an Elementary/ Middle School setting. They should also enjoy working in a collaborative, growth minded, family oriented community and should be comfortable incorporating the tools of technology into their class. Undergraduate degree in Art or related field with 3-5 years of demonstrable experience in a classroom setting are preferred.
A successful candidate will:
* Have a strong knowledge of art and design concepts, a variety of media and materials, and a broad range of art history.
* Possess a broad range of knowledge in a variety of mediums including drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture, collage, design, and construction
* Promote students self-expression and exploration while deepening their knowledge and understanding of art, design and art history.
* Use standards and curriculum to create a rigorous and objective-driven arts program.
* Use technology tools for instruction, planning, and communication and ensure student engagement.
* Collaborate with classroom teachers to create interdisciplinary units that teach grade level content knowledge and skills through the arts.
* Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, colleagues and administrators.
Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at The Bridges Academy will be based on merit, qualifications, experience, and abilities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, genetic predisposition, or any characteristic protected by the law.